It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And we couldn’t be more thankful to share it with our incredible customers. How about we share the gift of a little Christmas trivia?
- The most lights lit on a Christmas tree is 194,672. This record was made in 2010 in Belgium.
- The most expensively decorated Christmas tree was valued at $11,026,900 and was displayed in the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi, UAE, from December 16-29th, 2010. It had 181 pieces of jewelry on it and stood 43.2 feet high.
- There are two towns in the United States with the name of Santa Claus but only one named North Pole. They are located in Georgia, Indiana and Alaska, respectively.
- American military installations overseas receive 30 million pounds of holiday mail each year.
- 350,000,000 future Christmas trees are growing on U.S. farms. The most common Christmas tree species include Balsam fir, Douglas fir, Fraser fir, noble fir, Scotch pine, Virginia pine, white pine, Norway spruce and blue spruce.
- The annual Red Kettle Christmas fundraising campaign started in 1891 when a Salvation Army captain in San Francisco set up a crab pot at Oakland Ferry Landing to collect money for the poor at Christmas. The Salvation Army has raised over $1 billion from the red kettles to support service efforts in communities nationwide.
Merry Christmas to you and yours from all of us at Putman Plumbing and may you have plenty of cheer.